Thursday, September 22, 2011

 It' beginning to hit me that this is my last night in the U.S... I can't stop eating the Chinese food my mom brought home as a "last supper" kind of thing. I mean seriously... I've had so much.. and i know it's due to the fact that I'm not going to be able to get any more for the next couple months. I'm feeling that way about more and more things as the night goes on. One minute I'm all cool, then the next minute I'm totally wigging out. I think that my biggest anxiety is that I'm going to be undertaking the biggest experience of my young life and i won't have any of my friends or my family's physical support. They all mean so much to me and to be honest, I'm kind of scared that I'm going to be seas away from them. But i do know that i have been guided to Haiti for a reason and i am so honored and excited to be given this chance to be a part of something bigger then myself. I continue to remind myself that Allah is good and he will be with me always. Everything that i will experience, the good things and the bad, i am meant to and it will only lead me closer to finding my way through life and to the women that i am ultimately able and suppose to become. And that makes me smile and my heart feel warm. I am ready for this. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses... the homeless, and the tempest-tost". Bring it on Haiti. I'm ready for ya.

No comments: